Thursday 27 March 2014

Does Completing a Game Mean The Game is Complete?



After my completion of Amy, something seemed off in the game. I went through the entire story and completed every mission, yet it didn’t seem complete.

The plot of Amy was typical of most survival horror games, in which you had to survive zombies while protecting a character other than your own. That and the third person point of view seem to have been all Amy had going for it.



The controls weren’t smooth at all; I found myself constantly running into walls, especially in the first mission. You have nothing to tell you what the controls are, unless you decide to press select. Even then, the controls change depending on it you’re holding Amy’s hand or not.

The ending of the game also seemed extremely rushed; I felt there was no closure, unlike other survival horror games like The Last of Us. Overall, I believe the developers felt their completion of the game was adequate for them, but forgot to think about how it would feel for us gamers.

What other games can you think of that don’t seem complete?

No comments:

Post a Comment