Friday 14 March 2014

Astro Tripper: The Modern-Day Galaga


When I play games, I like to compare them to retro games I have played. I feel that Astro Tripper is the modern-day equivalent to Galaga.
 
When I first started playing Astro Tripper, I thought it would be a typical space shooter game. As I got a feel for the controls I found it very similar to Galaga; a retro arcade game I love. Both games are very heavy strategy games; the strategy is different for both games.


© Licensed under Creative Commons: Paul Diyromarcade (3 April, 2009 )


The strategy in Galaga involves shooting the incoming ships at a certain time, and joining your ship with other ships to create a super-weapon. The strategy in Astro Tripper involves moving your ship in different directions, while switching between weapons.


© Licensed under Creative Commons: str4ylight (13 March, 2009)

 I believe Astro Tripper should be translated into an arcade game machine; shooter games feel more natural in arcade game format, like Galaga does.

What other games would you compare Astro Tripper to?

No comments:

Post a Comment