Friday 21 March 2014

How Would You Change The Game Play of Amy?



I felt that unlike most other survival horror games, Amy just didn’t cut it for me. There were quite a few game play elements I would change.

First of all, Amy tried to be a zombie killing game that didn’t mention the word zombie. That didn’t work too well for the game; I felt as if I was killing mutated humans rather than zombies. I understand that dim lighting is part of what makes survival games and survival horror games so scary. In Amy, the lighting was so dark that I could not navigate the first level, which resulted in having to use a walk through in order to complete it. 



The Walk Through I Used


Finally, the checkpoints are incredibly far apart, unlike other survival horror games such as Resident Evil. When I died, I had to go back and do an hour worth of tasks in the game in order to get back to where I was. Overall, the developers of Amy could have changed many elements of the game in order to make it more enjoyable.
What things would you do to make Amy a more enjoyable game?

No comments:

Post a Comment