Wednesday 26 March 2014

Top 5 Indie Platform Games



I’m addicted to Guacamelee, and have been looking at other platform games to see if any measure up to Guacamelee. Here are my top 5 indie platform games.

5. I Wanna Be the Guy


I Wanna Be the Guy is a freeware platform game, meaning you do not have to pay for it. It has very difficult platforming, and many references to classic platform games such as Mega Man. The success of I Wanna Be the Guy has spawned many other games in the I Wanna Be the series, such as our next game in the list.

4. I Wanna Be the Boshy

 

If you took the difficulty of I Wanna Be the Guy and multiplied it by 10, you’d get I Wanna Be the Boshy. Of all platform games, this is one of the most difficult. Like I Wanna Be the Guy, it references classic platform games, as well as other classic games in other genres, such as Street Fighter. It is also a freeware game, which can be played on any PC.

3. Super Meat Boy

 

Super Meat Boy is the most well-recognized of the indie platform games on this list. It is one of the most difficult platform games; you must use your puzzle-solving skills in order to get past traps and not die. It also references other indie games, such as Castle Crashers.

2. Guacamelee

 

Guacamelee comes in at the #2 platform games; it is one of the great games of our times. It has a beautiful art style, easy to learn controls, a very creative plot, and it is one of the few platform games on this list that is also a co-op game.

1. Bleed

 

When I played Bleed for the first time, I feel like I was transported back in time when I was playing my first platform game. The difficulty progresses at the perfect rate; the game is not easy, but it’s not I Wanna Be the Boshy. It has smooth controls, great music, and a feeling of nostalgia every time you play it.


What are some other great indie platform games I did not mention in this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment